Thursday, July 8, 2010

On The Road Again

Last time I used this blog, I left it a little incomplete. My trip to Switzerland ended wonderfully, and I had memories that I probably will never forget. At least, I hope not. But, in case I do, I've got lots of photos that I will upload once I return from my next trip to my web album, located here, on Picasa.

However, the resurrection of this blog is not just to tell you that I made it back safely from Switzerland: it's to provide a new place for me to write about my two-week adventure to Taipei, Taiwan! While there, I will participate in a Political Science conference of sorts called The Global Initiatives Symposium 2010 in Taipei, hosted by the Taiwanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) and the National University (NTU). I'm really excited about it. I'll get to listen to lectures and collaborate with other students on important issues such as green energy policy and East Asian Development. Cool stuff!

Right now, I need to hit the hay. It's about 11:11PM EST, and my flight leaves at 8:00AM tomorrow. After that, I've got a lot of traveling to do - approximately two days of it, to be exact! That includes a delightful, 12+ hour flight from Los Angeles to Taipei. Here's to hoping the inflight movie selection is more rousing than other carriers (I'm calling you out, American Airlines - no more of that "How I Met Your Mother" crap for me).

Now that I'm packed and ready to go, it's time for bed. If you'd like to contact me while I'm gone (or give me some travel suggestions), my address is anwilkins@davidson.edu. As always, all photos are clickable and link to a larger version and to my main photo album. If you like any pictures and would like to reuse them, please contact me first. Images may not be legally copied with out my explicit, written permission. Respect, yo.

From Taiwan 2010

Ciao!

AW

2 comments:

  1. Cute boxers Wilkey.
    Also, how is that Sutter book, Im ashamed to say this, but i dont think ive ever read a book solely on Chinese foreign relations...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty good! I ended up ditching it in favor of the newest Foreign Affairs, to help my bag weight, but I like it a fair bit. Dr. Rigger actually loaned me that copy, since she has the newest one.

    ReplyDelete